Wednesday, May 5, 2010

some due explanations

So I feel like I owe a few explanations. Chels said I really should explain how we got the name of Some Chick. It's different for both of us even though we agree with the other. For her, she says that it's meaningful because we are just some girls who God has blessed with music and each other. We could basically be anyone. She knows how to write songs, and I know how to write them down and interpret what's in her mind. We really are just some chicks. For me, it was more the hilarity of it. I was walking on campus one day and someone asked who sang a song and someone said, I don't know, some chick? And it hit me that that would be an awesome band name. Examples:
"I saw some chick last week."
"I got some chick's autograph."
"I get to go backstage with some chick!!"
There are countless others, but those are the first that came to my extremely exhausted mind. I mean, this is being quite precocious, but it's still funny. I think someone should have thought of this a long time ago and perhaps someone did. Eh. If we actually make something of ourselves, it'll be God, not us in any way. Also, the name of our potential album, "From Back Home", was originally thought of just to be funny. It was my idea and I was just messing around, but Chels liked it because a lot of the songs follow that sort of theme so, again, she thinks seriously about it, and I'm just being goofy. That's why she's the lyricist... lol.
The other thing I want to explain is the first post on this blog. It's much more personal for me because this blog was originally just supposed to be mine for a little outlet of personal thoughts and randomness, but then I realized I should just use it for some chick instead. (haha. that's a good one too.) However, that post will stay there even though it's quite a bit more personal, but that's fine. No harm done.
So we haven't gotten to work on a lot of stuff the last few days because we're both crazy busy with the end of the semester. For example, I spent 2 hours at Starbucks today followed by 4 and a half hours at Panera working on a huge assignment for my Biblical Interpretations class that I finally finished. However, I have to grade like 7 assignments for Calc 3 and haven't started that. (yes, I know I'm a dork, but I love math and that is my major...) I think I'm going to go to sleep for a few hours and then get up and do that when I have a semi-rested brain. I don't think I could stretch my brain anymore tonight. So on that note, I bid thee a farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment